- Full paper submission due
extended: Feb 28, 2017
Over the last 10 years, the European Workshop on RFID Systems and Technologies (RFID SysTech) had become a central platform in Europe for personal networking and information exchange in the field of smart object technologies and applications. Based on this great success we are proud to announce the 6th Smart SysTech - European Conference on Smart Objects, Systems and Technologies to be held in Munich from June 20th to June 21st, 2017. This change is accompanied by an extension of our main topic. While RFID remains one of the cornerstones, we open the focus of the event. This is due to the fact that AutoID technologies and the “Internet of Things” have grown together to advanced networked “Smart Objects” technologies.
While the networking of objects for the purpose of data collection and distributed control is no longer a recent phenomenon, the sheer number of things that are networked to information systems has dramatically risen. Today, the Internet is increasingly extended to all kinds of physical assets: product components, finished products, logistic units, equipment, documents, vehicles, buildings and electronic meters as well as embedded systems of all kind. Mature industries, like the energy or automotive are in euphoric mood and accordingly, we see enormous research and technological development activity: For instance, Auto-ID technologies, such as RFID, are being increasingly combined with data storage capacity and sensors or other communication devices that provide real-time data such as position, temperature, pressure, vibrations etc. These special-purpose computer systems are able to sense information from the real world or perform actions upon it and are also able to communicate with other networked computer systems.
The resulting integration into existing business processes and IT infrastructures under the side condition of enabling an interaction between intelligent objects and business applications within and between enterprises in a generic, flexible and scalable manner is a considerable challenge. At the same time, the economic potential is promising and will also help enterprises to address completely new challenges in the area of sustainability and energy management, home automation and demand respond: Interacting with smart devices will ensure that enterprises get correct, auditable trails for sustainability metrics or billing information for recharging electric cars. However, business-to-business integration solutions such as the EPCglobal network or other bilateral approaches have to be developed further in order to meet the supporting requirements.
The specific profile of this conference is to examine both the technology and economic aspects:
- the latest achievements in technologies and systems for smart objects
- their integration into information systems and business processes and
- their business value.
Scientists and practicians from the fields of electrical engineering, computer science and information systems will find an excellent opportunity to participate in interdisciplinary discussions, set up new networks and exchange information on a professional level. In addition to the conference and a poster session, an industrial exhibition and demo session presenting the latest innovations will be held.
Dont miss the chance to attend this conference!
Full paper submission due (EXTENDED): Feb 28, 2017
Notification of acceptance: Apr 4, 2017
Final Paper Submission: May 5, 2017
Publication-ready versions due: May 5, 2017
Posters, demos, videos submissions due: May 5, 2017
Guideline for Preparation and Submission of Contributions
- The conference language is English
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another conference for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Director).
- The submission file is in pdf (Portable Document Format) format.
- Please consider the formatting hints of the IEEE:
- Since the conference proceedings will be provided in electronic form (CD disk with ISBN number), the maximum number of pages for final contributions is not limited (recommendation: 4-8 pages). The file size of the resulting pdf file must not exceed 10 MBytes.
- Last page of paper: Authors CVs with picture and full affiliation and communication data -
Please use the IEEE biography style.
- Accepted scientific contributions will be published in the VDE conference proceedings and in the IEEE Xplore®.
- Poster Guideline (in pdf format).
Duration of Talks: 20 Minutes + 5 Minutes Discussion
Please submit a pdf-Version of the Slides, to be published on the Internet (possibly reduced
by slides which you don’t want to be published on the internet) to program(at)smart-systech.eu.